The finance organization of Kraft Canada decided to create a three-day leadership academy for its entire organization of 120 finance professionals to increase their skills and understanding of complex technical and financial subject matter.
What were the objectives?
- To train Kraft financial subject matter experts in how to develop complex content into training modules for the academy
- To train the financial subject matter experts to deliver the content to their colleagues by engaging them in the learning process
What was our process?
- Assessing the needs of both the trainers and their potential audiences
- Designing and delivering two train-the-trainer workshops — the first to train the Kraft financial subject matter experts in designing training and the second to train them to deliver the training, including stand-up practice sessions
- Coaching the subject matter experts in between the sessions to strengthen the design of their training module
- Developing a full-length business case to be delivered at the leadership academy
What were the results?
- The leadership academy received exceptionally high feedback from the participants.
- Finance professionals now regard being selected to be a trainer in the academy as an honour and a career opportunity.
- The program was so successful we were invited back for two more years to continue the train-the-trainer program.